Saturday, March 8, 2014

Yesterday afternoon I got to see Jeannie's quilt for Night Owls' challenge, which is also due next week.  (Their wall-hanging needed to be of a house, and include a material from the hardware store.) Jeannie's is called Jail House Rock, and really came out cute.  I already saw Wanda's (in progress) a couple of weeks ago when she brought it with her at the same time she visited with her Centennial Quilt scrapbook.  (Maybe I can convince her to bring the finished product by tonight when we all get together to play Mexican Train?) Needless to say they are two very talented ladies!

Last night I started watching House of Cards on Netflix 
after hearing a number of folks give it great reviews 

and waddya know.... I ended up watching 'just one more episode".

Yes, as a matter of fact I did stay up (much!) later than I planned.  And then watched another episode this morning <insert excuse here> because Tom was asleep and I thought I should stay quiet.  So I used headphones with my iPad.

But once he got up I got busy on a lot of thing I let slide last weekend.  First I made up a big batch of hummer food and refilled the feeders.  In the Duh... why didn't I think of that a long time ago? category, did you know that it's much easier to clean all the nooks and crannies of the feeders with a toothbrush instead of the not-small-enough bottle brushes they sell in the baby department?

I've started the first (of many) loads of laundry and made some phone calls.  Still waiting on my desk for  attention <sigh> is a bank statement to be reconciled, and (no surprise) yet more bills to be paid.  

Tom is out in the yard filling up one of the big trash cans; yesterday he mowed the ditch since the weeds were VERY happy after last weekend's rain!  Recently I saw something about weeds just being flowers that don't grow in rows.  We'd just be happy if they didn't grow in our irrigation ditches!



No comments:

Post a Comment