Saturday, January 12, 2019

Started off my day with the Saturday crossword (which I completed in near record time) and then took a soak in the hot tub.  Spoke with Andy, who said the meeting (to decide what's next for Mom) has been scheduled for this coming Wednesday.  He said Sandy was there with her, though when I called her she was still over at the apartment picking up some stuff  to take over to Mom.  Does sound like Mom is feeling better.  Hooray for antibiotics!



One of the supplies for class that I had picked up at JoAnn's on Thursday was the foam core board that was on The List - and then yesterday this came in:


Of course I want to make things as easy as possible - so after I taped the Echo pattern together to see its final size I made a trip to Home Depot this morning and bought the styrofoam insulation that will give my fingers a break during all the pinning.



I was already running late when I headed to the Sewcial (had told Marcie/Mike not to pick me up because of that) and got as far as our corner (literally right outside our driveway) when I saw the American Home Furniture truck approaching.  So naturally I made a U-turn (even though Tom was "on duty" for the chair pick up) and helped take care of that.  Now I will just wait for the refund check to appear.


Of course once I get back from Tucson I'll need to go recliner shopping
 to fill the gaping hole in the living room.



Had the usual fun with all the ladies at the Sewcial.  I had schlepped my machine today even though I never did get to the sewing step on my project.  Still, I did get a lot of cutting done.  That's my least favorite part of the entire process, so it helped that I had people around to chat with.  Everyone was oohing and aahing at my fabrics, and since Mary drooled so much over them I decided she 'needed' the scraps.


Picked out a quilting pattern and thread color (with a little help from my friends) and now the food quilt is waiting patiently in Cindy's queue.  With two long-arm machines now she should really be able to zoom, though there are at least half a dozen quilts ahead of mine so it may not be done when I get back from Tucson.  But I think it's going to be a stunner worth waiting for.


Now I'm doing laundry, and will think about packing for the upcoming week.  Don't have to leave until at least noon tomorrow, so I'll likely do the bulk of it in the morning when I'm fresh and energetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment