Monday, January 7, 2019

Borrowed Marcie's design wall to work out placement 
of my (still incomplete) food blocks. 

 
Turns out my worries about needing a few more fabrics were unfounded; I have more than enough blocks to fit the allotted space (some blocks didn't even make it in) because of a "slight" error in my calculations.  


When I measured the blocks, I forgot (!) to include the shadow strip I would be adding to the "east" and "south" side of each food fabric.


Quite the rookie mistake!  :-( 



Ran my errands, which included mailing off the pix to Mom, Allen, and Ann (long line at the post office, and not enough windows open) and then replacing my watch.  I found what I wanted, but when I "tried" to pay for it at the jewelry counter, the two women kept talking about just exchanging it.  I pointed out that it (obviously) wasn't new, but they kept saying it was Kohl's policy.  So I finally gave up and walked out with a free new watch.



Mom got her flowers, and had Andy send me a thank you.  
She said they're beautiful.



Her latest medical update:

I had a long t/c with the doctor. She said they can’t find an obvious cause of the symptoms Mom describes (shortness of breath and dizziness), and they don’t match her objective metrics. A carotid sonogram earlier today was negative (as was the nuclear scan and echocardiogram) and her O2 saturation on room air is 96%. She thinks that the UTI may be causing her to feel the way she does. At the least she wants to see if her condition improves when she is closer to the end of the 5-day antibiotic course. If she’s still feeling this way the dpctor. said it may be time to consider palliative care options. It is likely she will be here for the three nights of inpatient care Medicare requires to qualify for rehab services (private pay rate would be $400+\day). On a separate note, Mom agreed that the apt. may be too much for her to handle going forward and that she should consider moving to an assisted living apt. 

That is quite a 180 from November, when she only allowed Andy to schedule an aide (for a couple of hours each day) to make him happy... and then promptly discontinued the service after about a week.  As I said, it shows just how crappy she's feeling.




Sent Andy's update along to several family members, 
and got this back from Gloria:

Thanks for the update. 
Am headed to the hospital myself as Heather’s water broke!! 
Stay tuned!!!



Sounds like we'll soon have an addition to the family.  I look forward to seeing pix of the new baby, possibly enjoying the quilt I made for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment