Sunday, January 6, 2019

Could be a long day today...  


I've been up since around 2:00, listening to the rain and waiting for daylight.  (Glad I swept all the leaves from the driveway and porches yesterday!)  May even get around to doing a little sewing...


At least irrigation isn't until Thursday, when we'll get to see if the 'new and improved' box (now  three block rows higher) contains the water.  Mitch is a little concerned because the upper rows of blocks still haven't been filled in with cement; I'm hoping the pressure isn't high enough for that to be a problem.


We scored a perfect time slot, around lunchtime, for Tom to monitor the flow.  (I'll be at the chiropractor then.)  Of course that means Joy & Dick got a really crappy time.  When I called her to let her know, I was happy she took it all in stride and didn't shoot the messenger!



Mom had more tests run yesterday, though we don't know the results yet. Here's the latest update that I got from Andy.

 
Turns out Mom does have a UTI. I’ve been advocating to get her tested for about 48 hours. Last night the ER doc resisted saying her symptoms did not suggest infection. I finally got the bedside nurse to get and submit a sample this morning which just came back positive. This may not be the whole problem but if her experience a couple of months ago is any indication she should start feeling a whole lot better soon. 
I spoke to the hospitalist a few minutes ago. Mom had a cardiology work up earlier but no definitive diagnosis. They clearly suspect heart but Hospitalist said she doesn’t present in way they’re used to seeing.  Nuclear scan was negative for heart blockage. May be fluid buildup around heart but Echocardiogram inconclusive. Cardiologist wants to give her small dose of Lasix (diuretic) to see if that results in any improvement.  They plan to keep her at least through tomorrow.  Nurse said there’s an order for a ‘TTE’ test ( transthoracic echocardiogram) which she did have.



Between the intense cold (and my recent indisposition) I hadn't been in the hot tub for a few days, so I was glad to finally get back to soaking yesterday.  However I actually found myself getting too warm (I knew that would give Alex a laugh!) and had to get out.  Did turn the temp down a notch and will see if that does the trick.   



Spoke with Marilyn yesterday, when we discussed Mom's medical issues, and also books (when I let her know again how much I am enjoying listening to her recommendation The Sparrow.)  Excellent book, wonderful narrator.




By the time Marcie and Latina came over yesterday afternoon the weather had cooled off considerably (obviously the current storm was moving in) so we stayed inside.  But at least we were productive; I not only got my quilt entry form for the AQG show (due in about a week) entered electronically without the issues she had encountered when she tried that morning - but then did hers for her!  (Not very often I can help people with computer-related issues...)



Speaking of filling out forms - I'm taking care of the shotgun rebate for Alex, and one of the things required was the UPC code from the box.  Would you believe that there were four of them on the end cap - all different, of course.  I was able to rule out one, the serial number, because that was requested elsewhere on the form.  But the other three?  



So I am sending all of them, and they can decide which one makes them happy!



Rachelle called last night; Allen had heard that Mom was in the hospital, and let her know.  (He even popped over to Holy Cross to visit her yesterday.)  After Rachelle and I caught up on health issues of the older generation, it's no surprise that we ended up talking about the current political nightmare re the government shutdown.



Time to get off of the computer and be productive.  Of course I might <g> get side-tracked by the current jigsaw puzzle.  While nearing completion, of course it has only the really hard sections left.  But obviously it could always be worse:


No comments:

Post a Comment