Monday, January 28, 2019

Soaking in the hot tub this morning, I heard a low flying plane (likely headed to Deer Valley airport) and looked up.  Flying right "behind" it was a bird, which soon seemingly overtook the plane.  It's a bird, it's a plane - it's SuperBird!



I went over to Lynn's this morning to get the quilt label printed, and as I thanked her she said, "No problem."  Except that it was.... computers and printers just don't like me!  <g>  


We did eventually get it printed -


and then sat and chatted for a while... 
about politics and religion!



A call to Jessica confirmed that she was in her studio today, so I drove up to Carefree to pick up my UFO wall-hanging for the show.  She did a marvelous job on it, and I'm a  whole lot happier with it than I had been before she worked her magic.  Of course I still need to bind it (and add the sleeve) but in the meantime here's a peek at the back:

  

Going through quilting patterns tonight, trying to get some ideas for my hummingbird panel, I came across documentation for that Row Challenge; it was back in 2011!  But since it wasn't quilted until 2019 it's eligible for this year's show.

   


When Alex got home he hitched up the trailer to his van (for the first time) and we drove over to Patti’s to pick up table/chairs and plant, and I met her sister.  Hard to see the house empty, symbolic of how I will miss her after all these years of friendship.  Sure wish Gary had found a job here in Phoenix!



Mike is sick, so Marcie has quarantined herself.  Of course I've already had the crud, but she doesn't want to be responsible for getting Tom sick "just in case" she is incubating.



Spoke with Mom today, hoping to hear that things had gone well 
on the aide's first day.  They didn't.  


There was a mix-up regarding the address, 
and by then it had gotten so late Mom just cancelled.



Tomorrow is gym day.  Between my quilt class in Tucson and then being sick I haven't been in a couple of weeks.  Expect to hear some complaints from my body afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment