Thursday, July 5, 2018

We had quite the lightning show last evening, and high winds.  
Unfortunately there was no rain to go along with the "storm".  


When I walked back from my morning soak at the Apple Pool today I noticed that the wind had knocked the planter from the window of the swimming pool wall onto the ground below.  The pot was broken, and the pretty plant (a red geranium?) may not have been salvageable.  



The nice clean swimming pool had beckoned to me on the way up, but I decided it was too chilly at that point to get in and swim some laps.  And on my way down I didn't swim because I wanted to make it back to the house before Neil was ready for his bathroom transfer.  Good excuse? <g> But at least my timing was good.



The Spring Creek Fire (south of the Sand Dunes), about 45 miles from here as the crow flies, was up to 103,000 acres at last count earlier today... though sadly it’s likely that the affected area has continued to increase. It was quite hazy here this morning from all the smoke.  There is a ‘chance of thunderstorms’ in the forecast for this afternoon, and everyone is hoping we actually do get some rain here.



 I did feed the hummers again today (likely to be a daily activity of mine!) and a male broadtail with a stunningly red gorget stopped by. Unfortunately I was so busy admiring him that I forgot (!) to hit the shutter.  Luckily someone else <g> was on the ball.




Terry said it is trying to sprinkle (she noticed it when she took down one of the screens as repairs continue) but I sure don't see any evidence of it on the patio.  It seems to have just been a couple of errant drops. Sigh...


Screen repair (in case I forget the steps....)



remove spline and screen



tuck screen into groove with handy-dandy tool



tuck spline back in with roller on other side of tool



Elinor sent me this pic of the quilt on the bed.  Maybe it is on sideways so that they can see it when they walk into the room - or because it fits the bed better that way?  In any event, Q seems to approve of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment