Tuesday, July 24, 2018

I shuttled Steve over to Elinor's this morning; she was going in to Alamosa for an appointment, and he needed a ride to pick up his car which was in for repairs.  Hilda was just starting her breakfast when we got there (the plan was for me to bring her back here for the day since Elinor would be gone) so I went off in search of the burrowing owls.  Didn't even make it out of the driveway before I found a bird to shoot -


It's a nighthawk.  This is a typical pose for them.



Only found one burrowing owl - and didn't get a very good shot of it.



On the plus side, I was able to get cellphone reception out there, and chatted a bit with Mom.  She said she hasn't been doing much and didn't have much news other than the fact that it's been raining there for days.  I'm hoping she'll regain some oomph after tomorrow's visit with the pulmonologist, and soon be back to her usual schedule:

No comments:

Post a Comment