Monday, July 2, 2018

Last night's farewell dinner for Keta and Brian, who blasted off this morning, was a jambalaya dish (too yummy, so unfortunately no leftovers for lunch today), another chock-full-of-goodies salad created by chef Brian (again, we "somehow" managed to polish off that huge bowl), and BFS lemon bars for dessert.


The fires here sadly are in full swing.  The Spring Creek Fire south of here has grown by leaps and bounds, still with no containment.  Fire crews are hoping to save the town of La Veta, though many homes in the "suburbs" have already been lost.  The Weston Pass Fire north of here has closed a major highway, 285, which may force Keta and Brian to detour through Leadville after they get their new tire in Salida today.  Terry and I suggested they stop at the El Mexicano food truck (parked in the Safeway shopping center.)  We'd heard rave reviews from various people last summer, so we stopped there for lunch on our way up to Wyoming for the eclipse.  It was so good that we stopped there on our way back and picked up dinner for everyone here!



With my "regular" summer quarters now available, I've moved upstairs.  It was nice to unpack and settle in, and I'm now be able to find everything.  Plus I can keep a constant eye on the baby robins - and possibly even manage to be lucky enough to see their maiden flight!  The baby in this picture looks like it's thinking about taking that first fateful leap...



Alex suggested I follow him on Instagram,
since that is where he hangs out instead of FB.  


So before I left Arizona he got me set up, and also Tom.
And yes, I can access Instagram to see what he and Tom post.




But even after loading the Instagram app for Windows onto my laptop, I have not been able to figure out how to post.  Of course this isn't really much of a surprise to me - or anyone else, right?




And in that same vein: Back in May (during our visit with Mom in Maryland) Marilyn had "forced" me to try Audible.  Upon joining there was a 3-month freebie, with one book allowable each month.  


Of course she walked me through the process, and helped get me my first book (which I have definitely enjoyed listening to each night in bed.)



Having just finished that, I wanted to download my second freebie,
the one for Terry's bookclub the end of this month.



Of course <g> I ran into problems doing that.
(IF you're surprised, you obviously don't know me.... LOL)



 I went onto my audible app, where I was able to find the book (it also offered a synopsis, and a sample to read) but even trying every single icon there was no way to actually order it.


So I sent an SOS to Marilyn (where I requested "simple instructions suitable for an idiot".)



She was very helpful - especially the PS.  Would be nice if that "hint" was posted somewhere (anywhere!) on my app... though a link would be even better!



Where are you stuck?

Go to audible.com

Sign in

Pick out your book

Put in cart

Check out

Use your credit?  Or is it a book on sale that you want? Then don’t use a credit as sale is cheaper.  Pick one.

Confirm purchase

Open your audible app

Book should be there

Download and listen


PS. Audible. Com and your audible app are two different things.  Must go to audible.com to purchase and the app to listen.  Good luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment