Monday, July 23, 2018

Emily sent this adorable pic yesterday of Maggie modeling her birthday bib. She seems to approve.  



In the afternoon I finished reading The Wonder while Neil napped, and definitely enjoyed it. (Terry was out looking at a house and property Michael & Loretta were considering buying.) With its Catholic theme, I'd be curious to see how friends of that faith would find the story.  



Lisa G. had remarked to me on our way over to Oak House Saturday night that if she was having 14 for dinner (though we turned out to be "only" 11 since Loretta was not baby-sitting the neighbor's three kids after all) she would have been up all night stressing, and then busy prepping at the house all day.  I certainly could relate to that! Yet when Terry got home later than afternoon she whipped up another scrumptious meal with seemingly little effort on her part!  


Dessert (brownies Terry had baked that morning, the pan of which had tempted me all day) was also well-received by everyone. But I was pretty sure <g> that it would be noticed if I "taste-tested" a square....



Elijah was anxious to feed the hummers, but was reasonably patient (considering he's only 8) until the feeders were empty - and  he was handsomely "rewarded" by their attention. (FYI we finished up the latest 25-lb sack of sugar yesterday... and it only took 7 days!!!)








It was wonderful to see Hilda again; last time we were both here at the same time was summer of 2016.  No picture of our hug yesterday, but here's Elijah's.




While we visited, waiting to dive into dinner, I showed Hilda the pix I took last summer, when all her daughters were here together.  Of course she loved them!  Here are a few of those - and once Karen (& Mark) arrive in August I'll be snapping lots more!




(that birthday card for Karen WAS funny!)


Ivy, at 16 months, was naturally quite busy yesterday.  
Here she is checking out Neil's fidget blanket.



Every time someone would right her toy, she would immediately turn it over again.  Obviously she prefers it that way!



Hi, great-grandma Hilda!


Can I check out your nose?

No comments:

Post a Comment