Sunday, July 22, 2018

After lunch yesterday (Terry brought me back a plate of goodies from the board meeting spread up at the Pavilion) I headed up to the pools.  The clouds had arrived by then, so without the sun I was too chilly in the swimming pool and didn't last long there.  Even the Party Pool was a little too cool-ish for my taste, and I didn't last long there either; I was out of the water as soon as I heard that first clap of thunder!  At least I did get to visit some with Suzanne (and her friends, Julie from Flagstaff, and Jane.)  Suzanne is scheduled for a 9th (!) ankle surgery in a couple of weeks, so she's trying to get up and soak as much as possible before then.



After dinner last night I cruised over to the Oak House for the usual Saturday night music, my first time this year.  Just like old times, with John at the piano - but with new furniture this summer!  Mark was the main man on guitar, though there were a couple of other folks strumming away, and one guy drumming.  It was quite the crowd, and by the time I was yawning and left at 9:30 it was definitely a happening place.


Maybe this explains why I'm not a night person? <G>




This morning I boiled the eggs, so now I'm ready 'whenever the spirit moves me' to whip up a batch of deviled eggs for tomorrow's book club.



Now off to the pools for a bit while there's still some sun 
since Neil seems on a somewhat earlier schedule today.


No comments:

Post a Comment