Sunday, July 8, 2018

(This never got posted yesterday)

Got a great look at the calliope hummer with Terry's binoculars today.  Now if it would just cooperate and visit me at the hand-feeder so I can get a pic with my camera.


Today I had TWO hummers sitting on my hand while a THIRD ONE was drinking from the feeder.  Even though I did have the camera in my other hand. I was mainly focused on just watching them (hoping for a close-up glimpse of the calliope) so there's no picture of that experience.  The calliopes are shyer than the broadtails, so I still haven't gotten one to visit me...yet! 



This is the only feeding picture I snapped today, and didn't notice the hose until I uploaded the photo.  Terry has resorted to watering the yard, trying to revive at least a little grass!



No comments:

Post a Comment