Friday, July 27, 2018

Enjoyed an early morning chat with James and Terry at the house this morning while everyone else was still abed.  Then I popped up to the Apple Pool for a pleasant soak, where I listened to an interesting conversation between two men who had worked with comedian George Carlin.  



Next on my agenda was relaxing, with Marna and Eva, on the deck by the swimming pool.  Surprisingly the pool was completely empty.  Eva and I agreed that meant there was absolutely no impediment to swimming laps - though neither of us got in!




  It was nice to be able to score lounge chairs (always at a premium up there) and chat.  I'm glad that OLT now provides some - but this many would be nice!



Marna and I have known each other for years; when our daughters were tweens they hung out together at Valley View, and also at the Renaissance Faire where Marna works in February and March.  Although we've never managed to get together otherwise, we really are going to try this winter.



Both Eva and Marna had told me the other day that I should sell my mesh bags, though I'm not at all  inclined to go into business.  However I did let them know this morning that I would be willing to sell the one I had brought with me - and Marna took me up on my offer. 



On the way back down to the house I came across a fun set-up across the creek, and stopped and asked if I could take pix.  What fun!

Here's 4-year-old Dao navigating his way across the creek.





Next, 3-year-old Jack took a turn.





I had asked for the dads' names (Paulo, in checked pants, is Dao's dad, and Tommy is Jack's dad.)  The boys then proceeded to tell me their moms' names, and when I said that "they weren't here" (meaning in the creekside pix, and thus not needing to be identified for their 15 seconds of fame <g> on my blog) the boys were quick to let me know that I was wrong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment