Tuesday, July 24, 2018

I had a delightful time at book club last night.  

Hilda had brought the perfect t-shirt to wear:



The five of us (Terry, Elinor, Hilda, Lisa G. and I) carpooled to Kim's, "way out" on the road to Bonanza - and we made up half the contingent.  Kim and Bill's house (some of which was built by Richard and Elinor) is beautiful, and has quite a view. (They are also feeding "herds" of hummers this summer.)  I won't be here for their next meeting, in September (when Terry is going to host) but do plan to read two of the books that were suggested: Educated by Tara Westover (which was chosen) and The Luminaries by Elinor Catton (deemed a tad too long for some.)


So that I would make it through the evening and not fade, 
I'd had another cup of "coffee" in the late afternoon.  


When I went upstairs at 10:30 to listen to my new book from the library (Empire of the Summer Moon, about Quannah Parker and the Comanches) I did feel somewhat tired, but still took a Lunesta.  So I was considerably surprised not to be able to fall asleep.  



And by the time I realized sleep wasn't going to happen - at 1:30 this morning - I figured it was too late to take a second one (which I've never done.)  Even more surprising.... I've been up since before 5:00 this morning.  Sigh...


We did have quite a storm last night - lightning and thunder and rain!




No comments:

Post a Comment