Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The phone woke me up at 5:30 this morning; it was the DVUSD Sub System calling.  Apparently I'd forgotten to take Wednesdays off of my schedule (I had to add it for a job last month) but you can bet I've done that now!


  Never did find out what today's job was because I timed out before we got that far.  Not that it really matters since today is the Foothills holiday party.


As Chapter Chair I have several things to do go get ready for the party, but since it doesn't start until 11:00 most of the things on my list have been left for this morning.  


At least I've made a list of what I need to bring, so there's not the added stress of trying to remember them all.  This seems to be me these days! 



Got a nice newsy e-mail from Lisa yesterday, and I now have her new address (they moved a week ago.)  She can't give me any real details about her new job, but 
I can tell you that I am having a good time, meeting cool new people, and learning a lot about the internal structure and processes and benefits and other things at [major tech company]. We get all sorts of cool perks and the company culture seems pretty healthy and respectful.

She and Chas will be in the last half of the month, and I'm looking forward to that - especially since I was in Maryland when they visited over Thanksgiving weekend so missed seeing them then!



It's still not light out, so I'm cruising out to the hot tub to enjoy the sunrise.


Speaking of Sunrise, Alex went snowboarding there on Sunday.  Yesterday he showed me some of the pix on his phone, but I'm still waiting for him to send some for me to post here.  


He's more than fine with me sharing them on my blog - it's just that actually sending them to me just hasn't yet floated to the top of his list!



Now off to soak - and (happily!)
I'm NOT likely to have to share the tub with a bear...


No comments:

Post a Comment