Monday, December 1, 2014

Last night I got a second wind after I whipped up dinner (I heated up the homemade chicken soup Estera had sent over, and made grilled cheese sandwiches to go with it.)  I was still buzzing around throughout the evening getting stuff done while also catching parts of several episodes of a (new?) TV series on the Science Channel.

The kitchen looks much better now (especially after I did the final mopping of the floor and also cleaned the rubber mat this morning) but it was after 10:30 last night by the time I finished up the 5th (or 6th?) load of laundry.  Which made it close to 11:00 before I crawled into bed - about the time there was a 4.7 earthquake in Arizona, between Sedona and Flagstaff (though it wasn't felt here in Phoenix.)

I was still surprised by how late I slept in this morning (and am too embarrassed to put an actual number on it) but got started right away getting stuff done.  The highest priority today was my trip to the pool store, where I dropped a fair bundle of money.  Although Paul did have to order the hot tub filter, he said that should arrive tomorrow morning - and he'll call me when it does so we can have it as soon as possible.  The best news was that it wasn't nearly as expensive as Tom had feared.  



Alex popped over this morning to see what I would be doing at exactly 1:00.  EDC tickets (an annual music festival held each June in Las Vegas) were scheduled to go on sale then, but he was going to be at some special luncheon for work.   According to Alex, last year the discounted tickets sold out in less than a minute so it was crucial to log in right at 1:00.  
  

Of course <g> I agreed to take care of it for him, so was glued to the computer well before 1:00 watching the countdown.  As soon as it hit zero I clicked - but apparently so did everyone else on the planet, and it wouldn't let me in.  Eventually (after a frantic but non-productive call to Alex) I was able to get in line, and appreciated the 'helpful' updates on my wait time.  Naturally I was thrilled at 1:35 to actually be able to start the process for ordering his discounted ticket.  But then it wouldn't take my Ticketmaster password, offering to send a new temporary one to my e-mail.  Which, of course, decided this would be a good (?!?) time time to quit working.  NOT!  


(E-mail was also cranky last night.)  Did anyone hear me when my 5-minute time limit on Ticketmaster ran out?  I 'may' have used a 'few' 4-letter words. Sigh....  



Bottom line? After configuring my day in order to be at the computer at 1:00 (and beyond) I have ultimately failed in my mission.  Alex has asked if I'll keep trying, and I will - but so far the computer has not even let me in again.  



In happier news, Sandy reported that the squirrels were 'much more attentive' while they were at the beach house this past weekend.  We assume it's because they had eventually found the goodies I'd put out for them the weekend prior, and were possibly/probably hoping for more of the same!  She didn't mention what she treated them to this time, but hope the squirrels also enjoyed it.



Now I can get started on the rest of my phone calls (most importantly I have several medical procedures to schedule.)  I did speak with Bella this morning, hoping to make arrangements to have the guest house cleaned once Alex moves out (WE HOPE!) the end of this month.  But she doesn't have her January calendar yet.  We're going to touch base later this month once she does.  I did warn her to allow extra time because it will "most likely" need a more thorough cleaning since Alejandro has been living there for 6 months.  The cleaning ladies absolutely adore Alex (he used to practice his high school Spanish with them) so all will be forgiven!

No comments:

Post a Comment