Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Last night (instead of getting stuff done for today's party)
I watched South Pacific with Tom.


Tom (who has been on a Michener reading kick the past six months) has wanted to watch it since he finished Tales of the South Pacific, so I had put it at the top of the Netflix queue.


I've seen the movie/show countless times, so figured it would be fine if he watched it while I was in Maryland... but he never did. The movie (filmed in 1958) has aged well, and I enjoyed watching it once again - and even stayed wide-awake throughout.  Which made it another late night, after 11:00 (usual technical difficulties getting DVD player to work) so I was surprised to find myself up before 6:00 this morning (I still have a few things to get done before the Busy Bee festivities, so I had set my alarm 'just in case'.)


It looks windy (and chilly) outside, and there's also chance of rain in the forecast over the next few days.  I'm guessing that the ladies will (in all likelihood) be decked out in their Christmas sweaters today, so cooler weather is actually welcome.  Not only does it help get everyone 'in the mood', but also means they won't be too warm.


I plan to wear one of my penguin shirts, and (IF I can figure out how to wear it so it doesn't cover up the skating penguins) possibly add my new (mystery) penguin scarf to the mix.



Yesterday I almost finished getting one needs-to-be-finished-so-I-can-wrap-and-mail-it project done, but got stuck when I couldn't find a necessary tool for the final section to be quilted. It didn't seem to be where it should be, in the attachment tool bag.  Lo and behold this morning, when I looked again, there it was!


Turns out that I was looking just for the (small) attachment, but since it was still attached to the (larger) walking foot I had merely overlooked it.  Another 'crisis' solved!

So maybe this afternoon I can finish up quilting and start binding?
Hey, it could happen!



I want to rehang Mom'a triple-bowl hummingbird feeder outside the hot tub (for my viewing enjoyment while soaking through our 'winter'.) But I am going to have to be a bit creative this year since the mulberry tree was pruned and there are no longer any reasonably low-hanging branches left.


Tom is pretty good at figuring out stuff like that, so maybe he will have the perfect solution... though I'm thinking I may just have to hit the hardware store for a long length of chain.  Pictured below is not our 'triple threat' feeder, but I do like the red bowls (rather than clear glass) to help the hummers find it!



I'm always surprised when I get an early morning text from Alex, because he definitely needs a reason to get up in the a.m. <g>  He just let me know he's off to Flagstaff for a day of snowboarding, and that's a good enough reason for him!


  I've requested some pix, so maybe tomorrow I'll have one to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment