Friday, December 5, 2014

I HAVE MY COMPUTER BACK THIS AFTERNOON!


Itamar (the tech who worked on it) thought he recognized Alex (there's a picture of the two of us on my desktop) and wanted to know if Alex had gone to Horizon.  (Nope, Barry Goldwater.)  I had to laugh when Itamar asked me if I was sure. (Admittedly my memory isn't what it used to be... but I'm pretty sure I remember where the kids went to high school!)

   
Then he asked if Alex had gone to PVCC - and the answer to that one was yes.
Mystery solved!


Itamar also showed me a backdoor to (in theory!) resolve the e-mail password issue without having to call COX (and no doubt sit on hold for a lengthy amount of time) but sadly that wouldn't work for me when I got the computer home.  Neither would the real time chat option he also pointed out ("all techs are currently busy"), so I did have to call COX after all.  Once I got through (I was so stressed that one point that I think I snapped at the automated "woman") Tavis was able to reset the password at his end, even though he was unable to figure out why my computer would not let me go through the steps even with him 'holding my hand' through the process.  

Again, Marilyn, more proof that computers hate me



At that point I really didn't care, and was just thrilled that the computer was finally happy with the random password that was assigned, thus allowing me to access my e-mail.  (I now have written down said random password on my Cheat Sheet!)


It was a lovely visit with Betty this morning - once I got into the house.  She'd forgotten that I was coming over and was in the shower when I arrived.  Rosie, of course, barked madly as I rang the bell (and then pounded on the door) so I couldn't figure out why Betty couldn't hear me.  Eventually I let myself into the backyard and found Sarah in her little cottage, and she let me in.  (Tracy had forgotten to mention to Sarah that I was coming over.)  Betty loves the book I brought over (Good Dog, Carl) and it appears that Rosie approves of it also.


While I was visiting, Carol called.  (She was surprised when I answered the phone, and said she would have loved to come with me today.)  The reason she didn't hear her cell phone was that she set it down this morning before she took her shower, and forgot to put it in her pocket afterward.  Pretty much figured the phone was not with her - because that happens on a fairly regular basis... <g>



Enough playing at the computer - time to get back to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment