Sunday, December 7, 2014

I was up before light again this morning.  Sigh.... That's certainly not ideal, but at least this time of year the dawn's early light is not nearly as early as it could be!  Like say in July...



Last night we had dinner at Mellow Mushroom, and while waiting for our Caesar salad pizza to arrive Tom entertained us by reading about some of the items on the specialty drink menu.  While there were plenty of weird ones to wonder about, I was intrigued by the Drunken Campfire.


Tom suggested I order it, but I planned to do some sewing once we got home (and since I don't drink I knew it would knock me on my ass!)  


I did, however, cajole our waiter into bringing me a smidge of a taste of the s'mores vodka... which didn't taste nearly as good as it sounds!  Pizza was delicious, though (despite it being very stingy with the chicken) and Tom was impressed.



And speaking of exotic drinks, while I still haven't found the Crostic book Mom sent me some time ago (I apparently put it in such a safe place until I needed it - like for my recent plane trip - that even I can't find it) I did recently learn about Exotic Numbers in the Giant Book of HARD-TO-SOLVE Mind Puzzles I did find.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment