Tuesday, December 2, 2014

I'm continuing to make progress at my end - this morning I actually opened the large suitcase <gasp!> and put away a few things!  Mostly, though, it was a busy morning on the phone; so glad I have things to do on the computer while I sit on hold!  At least most of my medical appointments (there's still a question re the bone density) are now scheduled.  I'll be saying goodbye to 2014 with a mammogram on Dec. 31.  Then to ring in the new year, on January 5th I see the surgeon (routine follow up) and and January 6th the oncologist (another routine follow up.)  


Each month AETNA grabs a hefty chunk of change out of my bank account for medical insurance.  So when there was a bill from my most recent labwork (in the stack of mail awaiting me here at home) saying my insurance was NOT FOUND I definitely wanted to speak with someone before I paid it.  


But after sitting on hold (way too long) before finally getting to speak to a person to clear things up, I still have no clue. 


At least she was confused also, though she said the charges were applied to my deductible - and I can see that my responsibility ($54.18) is considerably less than the original total of $296.77! 


The hot tub filter arrived late this morning!  Returning home from picking it up I stopped in at Safeway (right on my way) to pick up the spinach for tomorrow's Busy Bee potluck, and also some pecans for the chocolate banana bread Tom wants to bake.  Despite the store being pretty empty, it took longer than it should have to check out.



It's overcast again (like yesterday) and a little nippy.  While yesterday was still t-shirt weather, today the temps have plummeted into the low 60s so I'm in a sweatshirt. But at least the hot tub is now turned on, and with a little luck I'll be able to soak tomorrow!!!  
Always takes a little tweaking, though, to get the temperature dial set correctly.  Not only isn't it a digital thermostat (no idea how old the hot tub is, but it was here when we moved in about 15 years ago), but there are NO numbers anywhere!  Once I found the sweet spot I did mark it to help me locate it again 'just in case' someone should move it.


Now I'm free until 4:00 (appointment to have the oil changed and tires rotated on my car) so it seems like a good time to do a little sewing.  The suitcase isn't going anywhere, right?





No comments:

Post a Comment