Monday, December 29, 2014

It's been a week since I last posted - very unusual for me, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I've gotten calls/e-mails checking up on me, wondering if I'm okay.  Just had the blahs, and didn't feel like doing much of anything.  Luckily we had a pretty low-key holiday season.  We've seen Lisa and Chas a couple of times (and maybe again this afternoon) and the usual amount of Alex when he flits by, but mostly they're out and about, busy with friends. 


Alex may not be moving out of the guest house after all.  Mom has decided not to travel any more so he doesn't have to vacate for her, and Alex sees the wisdom of saving thousands of dollars by not moving into that high-rent apartment in Tempe for several months.  He and his friend are still planning to get a place together "sometime" (soon?)  


So Mom won't be coming out for the Lake Havasu Balloon Festival, and I may not attend either since Tami is going to be out of town that weekend.  Her daughter's company is moving her to NYC, and that's the weekend the company chose.  Tami is going with her to help her look for a place to live.  I think Leah's office is near the Empire State Building, but assume <g> she'll be renting in a lower rent district!


Friday I heard from the teen's insurance company (they're going to cover the repairs on my car, and pay for a rental car) and the car repair shop (damage to the rear and exhaust system will cost about $5000) but now I'm waiting for them to take a look at the front; they didn't realize that after I'd been rear-ended I hit the car in front of me.  (Though they would have if the person in charge of my claim had returned my messages....)



This morning I finally got a rental, a Toyota Corolla.  (I tried on Friday, but nobody had any cars!)  The first one they planned to give me smelled like a dirty ashtray, but the second one was nice and clean.  Back in the driver's seat again (I really don't like driving Tom's big truck) I ran a few errands.  I've been trying to do some mucking around the house, and dropped off two large garbage sacks of clothes.

  

It's been cold here recently (temps at night were the lowest they've been in a couple of years, around freezing) so I've been bundled up and also using the heating pad a lot.  At least during the day the sun is out and the sky is blue, and it does give me a chance to wear some of my sweaters.  



Pokey is happy to hang out in her crate with a heat lamp, but during the "heat" of the day I turn it off and remove the towel door to encourage her to get out a bit and grab a bite to eat.  So far none of my knitter friends have made her a custom sweater....  



The turkey that Tom smoked for Christmas turned out yummy (as always), but he's apparently getting tired of leftovers; he picked up a couple of steaks for dinner tonight!



That's it for this post.  Hoping to get more decluttering done this afternoon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment