Thursday, October 30, 2014

Up since 4:00 <yawn> so whatever doesn't get done early in the day 
"isn't likely" to get done at all today!


Watched another family video (this one from spring/summer of 1993) while finishing up quilting the red blocks in the baby quilt for Kathi.  The kids were so adorable (and Tom and I were so much younger!)  



Once Tom found me an extension cord I used the hedge trimmer on the olive trees out front, and the huge I-forget-what-it's-called tree next to them.  Since I also raked a whole bunch of debris from behind them I had NO trouble entirely filling one big green can.  There are still the olive trees out back to trim, but they'll just have to wait another day; I'm done for today.



Today's smile should get you into a Halloween frame of mind.

And speaking of Halloween:  Irrigation is tonight, which means the front yard will be wet/soggy tomorrow for all the trick-or-treaters.  I can only hope they'll all use the driveway and not cut across the lawn (leaving all sorts of depressions in the grass which I always manage to step in when I'm out there.)


Some years we have no trick-or-treaters, and some years we have a whole herd of them.  Of course I must  be prepared and have enough candy on hand to handle the hordes should they appear.  If they don't show up I'll just have to "force" myself to eat the leftover chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment