Saturday, November 1, 2014

Yesterday I wanted to design and print up a label for Terry's quilt so I could add that finishing touch and get her gift into the mail.  The design part went okay (although the computer would not let me put the picture where I wanted) but when I went to print I ran into trouble.  I was down to my last piece of fabric paper (and I mean piece) which was just barely large enough for the label - but it kept jamming in the printer.  After a few tries I realized it just wasn't going to work and drove to JoAnn's to buy a new packet.  


Once the custom label was printed and sewn onto Terry's quilt I took the quilt's official photo, and then Tom was able to fold the quilt small enough to stuff it into the flat rate shipping box (I didn't think it would fit, but he's such a good packer I should have known better!)  Then it was off to the post office to mail it - and also pick up the dog blocks from California, which came postage due (87 cents) because they had called it an envelope instead of a package when computing the postage.


Tracy called yesterday, and Wanda (she'd been in the hospital for a bit!) and I also had to make a run over to the nail place (their phone seemed out of order) to make an appointment for next week for Carol.  



In my spare time I read - now I only have a couple dozen pages (of 500) left to go in The Signature of All Things.  I will be sorry to reach the end of it, and will definitely look for some of Elizabeth Gilbert's other books.



Daylight Savings Time goes into effect tonight.  It doesn't affect us directly, but I do have to keep the new time differences in mind when calling either coast.  Lisa said this will be the first time Chas will have to deal with it.  She, of course, got to experience it when she was at college in Maryland.



The doorbell only rang once last night for trick-or-treaters, and even then it was only 2 girls, not a large group.  So I have a 'fair amount' of chocolate left.  At least at the moment.  By nightfall tonight it could be a whole different story... <G>





No comments:

Post a Comment