Saturday, November 29, 2014

SATURDAY I was up early, and by 8:00 I had showered, packed, washed the sheets and folded up the couch, etc.  So I was not rushing, and there was really no excuse for me walking out the door around noon leaving behind my delicious post-Thanksgiving feast in the frig.  And my water bottle.  Obviously (with as much as I've been eating here these past couple of weeks) I was certainly in NO danger of starving before I got back to Phoenix... especially since Mom reminded me to take the last of the cashews and Hershey Kisses, which I stashed in my purse. But it was disappointing nonetheless.

BWI airport was busy, with a rather long line through security.  But I still made it to the gate in plenty of time.  Although the board there said the flight was scheduled to leave on time, the arriving plane still hadn't made its appearance by our scheduled boarding time.  At that point they announced our departure (and subsequent arrival) would be about 20 minutes late, so I let Tom know.  However while en route the pilot announced we would arrive on time.  (As it turned out, we actually landed early; go figure!)

The woman sitting in the middle seat next to me was about my size, so there was no 'spillage' from her seat and I had plenty of arm room to work on my needlework.  I had hoped to get through the next section (which has lots of those pesky quarter stitches I dislike) but once I realized I had made a mistake I put it away.  Not sure if I'll have to rip out most of today's work or will be able to fudge it - but certainly did not want to deal with it today.  So much for making good progress as long as I was stuck in my seat for hours.

My flight was uneventful, my luggage made the same trip I did (always nice to see it appear on the carousel) and Tom picked me up.  Sky Harbor was mobbed with folks waiting to fly out; sure glad I'm already home.  

Somebody delivered a lovely penguin scarf to the house the day I flew out, and it was waiting for me on my desk tonight. Unfortunately there was no note with it - and Tom, of course, can't remember who it was other than "one of the quilting ladies."  So I have no idea who to thank!

Tom still sounds sick, but he says at least he's finally starting to feel better.  Estera and Ben took good care of him; they brought Thanksgiving dinner over to him on Thursday, and chicken soup on Friday.  Note: On Thursday Phoenix tied the record high for Thanksgiving Day, hitting 87 degrees.

Alex just stopped by to say hi.  He just got back from snowboarding in Flagstaff today (yesterday was White Friday, the opening for the season), and is off to party in Tempe with friends.  Unlike him I'm pretty tired, and (as Dad used to say) tomorrow is another day (to unpack, sort through the mail, upload pix, etc.)  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment