Sunday, November 30, 2014

My goal last night was to stay awake until 9:00 (11:00 on the East Coast.)  Around 8:50 it became quite  apparent that (short of using toothpicks to prop open my eyes) I might as well throw in the towel and trundle off to bed.


I slept in until 6:30 this morning, so I should be fairly productive today.  That's good, since there's plenty I need to do (beyond merely unpacking and dealing with the mail) after being gone for more than 2 weeks.


In addition, the December page on my calendar is packed with all sorts of commitments/appointments and an additional plethora of sticky notes.  I see the orthopedist on Monday about my thumb/wrist, the Busy Bees holiday party is Wednesday (no, I'm not prepared yet), Sylvia is in from New Zealand for a month and of course we MUST get together (and maybe sew?!?!), Mary and I had tentative plans to go down to Tucson and visit Deb for a few days the beginning of the month while Jerry is off hunting, I haven't yet done my holiday shopping for the family here (Chanukah's first candle is December 16)...


And just to add to the mix, I had 'promised' myself to start back up at the gym (haven't been since June!)  Ever the optimist, I planned to schedule Mondays AND Fridays to make up missing for the past several months.  Let's see a show of hands: how many of you think this is realistically going to happen?


Tom is still asleep, so there's a limit to what I can do until he wakes up.


But at least I can go deal with the mail.




No comments:

Post a Comment