Friday, November 28, 2014

FRIDAY I was happy that Andy and Sandy slept in a little today after working so hard yesterday to host such a wonderful Thanksgiving feast. While they packed up to get ready for a quiet weekend at their beach house (and celebrate their 31st anniversary) I looked at the pix of their two recent vacations.  The frame was on and scrolling last night, but I never got a chance to look at it.  They got some absolutely wonderful pix up in Alaska, which is on my bucket list - my favorites were the shots of the whales.  (Tom, Lisa, and Alex have seen whales, but not me...yet!)  I recognized many of their shots of France from the trip Mom and I took there in the spring of 2013; and while Monet's gardens in Giverny may not have been quite as glorious in autumn, I was glad to see that there were still plenty of colorful blooms for them to enjoy. 

Andy and Sandy provided compartmentalized containers for everyone to pack up leftovers last night, but I figured I'd pack up mine (for the plane trip tomorrow) this morning.  Little mix-up in communication, and when I got ready to do that the goodies had already been loaded into the van.  But luckily the ice-chest was get-attable.  My gourmet lunch for tomorrow includes turkey <duh!>, deviled eggs - and some of that yummy chocolate cake Lisa and Eric brought.

We had a teaser of snow flurries on the ride back over to Riderwood this morning, but nothing like I saw on the news later in Bethesda and Rockville.  And (naturally) now that I'm getting ready to leave on Saturday the weather is going to be in the 60s on Sunday and Monday.

This afternoon I got to watch Cause for Paws that Mom taped yesterday (lots of adorable dogs) and then the Robin Roberts heart-warming special, Thank You America, also taped from yesterday.  In hopes of getting something done I got out my needlework, but both shows turned out to be ones I really wanted to watch so I didn't make much progress.  Maybe tomorrow on the plane - if I'm not squished by the person next to me and have room to maneuver.

No comments:

Post a Comment