Friday, November 7, 2014

It was a good morning as the Word Wizard.  The kids are always so glad to see me, and I got lots of hugs around campus.  One of the 1st graders (who usually struggles but did well today when I picked her name out of the jar) wrote me a precious note:

FANTASTIC! I luv the wrd wizird

While waiting for a second grade class to return from Art, 
I decided to be a couch potato and browse through the books. 



 I was excited to find one about Pale Male, a red-tailed hawk who lives in NYC; just yesterday I'd heard a wonderful segment about him on NPR.



Tom went to Sprouts this afternoon for produce, while I went to Fry's for meat and a few other groceries.  But even though my list was fairly short I had to make a second trip, to Walmart, because Fry's didn't have several of the (basic!) things I needed.  Two grocery stores in one day... could be a record for me!



At my suggestion, Shelley brought Emmy over again after school today for a short session on that pesky long division.  Progress is slow, but hopefully going at it each day will eventually be worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment