Saturday, November 8, 2014

This morning Patti picked me up and we headed to the mall.  Our first stop was Penney's, and it was very successful.  In less than an hour we were done shopping for me, and I'm pleased with my purchases.  I'm also assuming I'll sleep better tonight, with no shopping nightmares. <g>


Patti also had some shopping to do, and once that was taken care of we lunched at Pita Jungle across the street.  Yummy (as usual) but way too much food - so I brought the leftovers home to Tom for his lunch.  Made him happy.


On the way home Terry called; her birthday quilt Dancing Waters had arrived safely, and I'm happy to report that she loves it.  As soon as she can she'll have someone take a picture of her snuggling under her new quilt. In the meantime, here's a quick pic I snapped before I mailed it off.



Patti helped cut/pin some brown pants for me so later I could sew the new hem.  With a couple of new sweaters from this morning's shopping spree I now have several new outfits.  She also helped me (finally) repot the palm out front; it was seriously root bound, but with more room now it should take off.  Speaking of 'taking off', Patti then trimmed my hair so my bangs are no longer in my eyes.



Matt just called to let me know that yesterday he passed the written exam I recently helped him study for.



So on all sorts of levels it's been a very good day.  And it should get even better; Tom is currently prepping a big batch of chicken for the grill, and when Alex gets off work he's going to join us for dinner.  The ASU/Notre Dame game is on in the background, and the Sun Devils are currently (in the 3rd quarter) well ahead of the Fighting Irish (34-10) which must be making lots of folks here very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment