Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I ended up picking up my quilt this morning before I headed over to school!  It looks gorgeous; the pattern I chose works great and really complements the quilt.  And of course Jeannie does a wonderful job.



Subbing went much better today than last Thursday (thank goodness!) so I had a much less stressful day than I had expected.  However <cue music> late morning one of the students asked to go to the nurse because he thought he had lice.  Sure enough, the nurse found that he had a bad case, and sent him home.  The classroom was vacuumed while we were at lunch, and after lunch we all had our heads checked by the nurse.  No one else in the class seems to have caught them (I had her check my head also!) although I have been itchy ever since I found out.  I've never had lice, and hope to keep it that way!



After school I popped up to the library to return one book and pick up a couple others on hold that had come in.  Finally I will get to read Orphan Train, recommended by several people.



Then as long as I had the quilt with me in the car I headed over to The Other Quilt Shop to buy what I thought would be matching fabric for binding.  But what I had seen and planned to use turned out to actually clash.  Sheri and I auditioned a number of fabrics, but nothing worked.  In the end we both agreed that black (to match an inner border) will be my best bet, and I have plenty of my favorite, Michael Miller, at home.



Once I got home I relaxed on the couch, which made my back very happy.  Even better, dinner was already cooked: leftover salmon I grilled last night. 




No comments:

Post a Comment