Friday, October 24, 2014

A book I've been waiting for, The Signature of All Things, came in for me at the library.  I started it last night, and was up reading until well after 11:00 last night.  So I was surprised (and unhappy) to wake up before 5:00 this morning.


Before I faded today I made the binding and attached it to the quilt.  Now all that's left is to blind stitch it to back.  Surprisingly a lot of the ladies don't like that step, but I've always enjoyed handwork... plus it means the quilt is finished!



I picked up the books at Barnes & Noble, and then stopped in at the Briar Patch craft show.  Because I was already starting to fade (and didn't expect to find anything) I almost skipped it.  But I'm glad I didn't; there was a booth with the Jostar clothes, and I've been looking for another outfit like the one I was wearing.  She had one left - and I snagged it!



My last stop was the grocery store to pick up the staples on the list.  When I got home, the yardman was out front talking with Tom; some confusion about whether we were all paid up.  I had left $ with Alex when we were in San Francisco, but <sigh> he'd forgotten to set it out that day.  So I called  Salvador to explain, and the next time he and his dad (who doesn't speak much English, but was the one here today) were scheduled I left an envelope with 2 payments.  And I'd put out one for yesterday, though the ditch didn't get mowed until today.  Hopefully it's all cleared up now.


Not planning to do anything else this afternoon - 
though if a nap should happen I wouldn't be surprised!


No comments:

Post a Comment