Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I enjoyed seeing the ladies at Busy Bees this morning: I missed the September meeting because I was in San Francisco, and haven't been attending the Sewing Hives, so it's been a couple of months!  It took a couple of trips in from the parking lot to schlep all the goodies: a big stack of quilt magazines from Betty, and lots of fabric from Kathi.  She'll be happy to hear that the ladies scooped up about half of the fabric I didn't want, and the rest (not really appropriate for quilting) went with Sandy; the ladies out in Sun City make dolls and doll clothes, and can use a wider ranger of fabric.  Reuse, Reduce, Recycle!



Remember how (as Chapter Chair of Foothills) I had to collect/mail ten fat quarters of B&W or Bright fabric to AQG for the Fall Meeting in November?  Busy Bees is one of the chapters tasked with making the table decorations, and this is what they came up with.  (I'd like to learn how to make those fabric roses.)  One lucky winner at each table will go home with a whole bunch of wonderful fat quarters!


After taking care of business (most importantly, putting together a slate of officers for the 2015 Board) we got to the fun part, Show & Tell.

I love the beautiful peacock panel at the center of this quilt.  But since the quilter hid behind it for the picture (and my memory sure ain't what it used to be!) I can't give her credit.



Barbara's Log Cabin is very dramatic - and I also love her Ms. Frizzle dress!



Joyce A. started this UFO (10?) years ago; she was happy to finally get around to doing something with all her 4-patches.



Jan made a handy tote bag using the wrapped clothes line technique.



And Sharon made a colorful trivet.



Joyce H. and another of her (in)famous blue quilts.


I like this pattern Joyce chose, though her colors could be brighter.... <g>



This is a good pattern for large-print fabric; will have to keep it in mind!



After the meeting Carol and I popped over to 35th Ave.  She needed some thread and bobbins for Marty's long-arm machine (and help on how to thread it), and I needed something also.  Back at her house I tried to thread the machine for her; between the demo and the instruction book I had half a chance of doing it right.  But even though I gave it a valiant effort, it just wasn't good enough.  Carol will just have to find somebody else to do it right!



I was able to 'fix' her laptop, however, so now she can access her e-mail and Facebook.  She also wanted me to add Wanda's blog to her desktop, which I also managed.



I wasn't home very long when Carolyn called to say that the embroidered names (for Anita) were done and ready for pick-up.  So I zipped over and got them, packed them up, and zoomed over to the post office before they closed in hopes that the package might arrive in time for her birthday on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment