Thursday, October 23, 2014

This morning I puttered around the house, even working a little on the penguin quilt's final embellishment.  Around 11:00, as arranged, I went over to help Wanda with her computer.  While I wasn't able to resolve her blog issue (disappointing for both of us), I did make great strides in helping her organize her photos, basically deleting duplicates while creating organized folders.  She is definitely on the ARTIST spectrum (unlike me!) and of course would rather create her masterpieces than spend time filing on the computer.  And maybe <G> the more I hang out with her, the better the chance of some of her amazing talent rubbing off on me!



By then we'd both worked up an appetite, and lunched at Paradise Bakery (where I chowed down on delicious broccoli-cheddar soup, yummy bread, and a salad made with Fuji apple, chicken, and pecans.)  And what a wonderful friend - she saved half of her chocolate chip cookie for me!



Wanda has a Sedona project (with a dreaded deadline!) that she's working on, and that's what she had planned to work on this afternoon.  But we'd made so much progress with her pictures in the morning that she decided she'd rather continue working through the afternoon on them instead.  Which was fine with me, because that enabled us to finish the entire daunting list of unlabeled pix.  The remaining folders are at least labeled, although (as we soon discovered) even some of the labeled folders often included pix other than what was 'supposed' to be in them.  It was fun for me, plus I was glad to be of help to Wanda after all the help she's been to me.  She was pleasantly surprised  that we got it all done; I'm guessing one of the reasons she'd put it off is because she thought it would take days (or weeks.... or months?)



By the time I got home at 4:45, Tom was beginning to wonder if I was going to make it home for dinner! <g>  He'd whipped up a roast and onions in the crock pot, baked some cauliflower, whipped up a salad, and cut up a perfectly ripened honeydew.



Not long ago Tom had to DVR a football game (I forget what the conflict was) and when he watched it later he loved being able to fast forward through all the commercials.  In fact he realized that was such a great way to watch football that now he's started doing it even if he's around.  The other night we watched a game - I think it (actually) only took an hour!


No comments:

Post a Comment