Monday, October 6, 2014

As soon as the insurance office opened this morning. I called Jessica and got the insurance switched to cover Alex's 'new' (to him) vehicle.  Then I got on the ADOT site to give them official notice that we no longer own the Nissan, which means I no longer have to worry about when Ruby will get the paperwork done on her end.  It was surprisingly quick and easy!


Always nice to visit with Laura (she came by this morning to pick up the raffle quilt postcards, which got her approval.) She admired a lot of my other handiwork, and was happy to 'recycle' the Christmas fabric from the bags Kathi had given me. I also introduced Laura to Pandora, and hope to hear on Wednesday that she's enjoying all her new music stations.


After Laura left I popped over to the insurance office to pick up an insurance card for Alex (it really will be very nice when I can once again open attachments on my computer!) and I'm glad that proof is now in his glove box.

From there I headed over to Betty's. Of course I was running late, so it was no surprise that I had to stop for a verrrrry slow train at 59th & Glendale.  Sitting there watching it creep by was bad enough, but then it stopped - and when it started moving again, it went backwards!  



I had hoped to surprise Carol (and Betty) by picking Carol up to join us, 
but that just wasn't possible with all the other things going on today.



Betty and Tracy enjoyed the show&tell I brought with me (mostly baby quilt tops) and then we had a nice lunch at Olive Garden.  And as a nice surprise they treated me to lunch as a belated birthday gift.  

I was so full (too much soup, salad and breadsticks?) that I had no room for OG's decadent chocolate dessert... but Tracy solved that 'problem' by ordering me some as take-out.  Guess what I had for dinner?



Full day tomorrow, subbing in the 5th grade - 
so I'm not likely to have time to post in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment