Saturday, October 11, 2014

Remember how I recently took out all the filters in the vacuum and cleaned them?  Friday morning I went to use the vacuum - and it was not at all happy.  Maybe I didn't quite put it back together the way it wanted?  It's never been a problem before.  Sigh.  Something else to do, maybe today.



After the exterminator left yesterday I headed out to run a couple of errands.  I needed to get my blood drawn (before an up-coming routine follow-up with the oncologist) and also take care of some business at the DMV for Lisa.  Since the two places are across the street from each other I decided to do both yesterday.  After a 2-hour wait at the DMV I finally got called up to one of the windows - but left without getting my mission accomplished.



Instead I left with a phone number.  When I got home from the lab I tried, but the automated message said they were experiencing "higher than usual" volume, so I just gave up.


Talked to Lisa, and am going to just let her take care of it...


And you know how you give folks a little bit of 'power' and they go nuts?
http://www.prisonexp.org/ 

During my 2-hour wait yesterday I watched folks come into the DMV and have to wait in line (usually a lengthy one) to get their number at the check-in desk.  Amazingly, when I had come in I there was NO line.  However, instead of being allowed to walk right up to the desk, the woman giving out the numbers told me I would still have to go through (!) the line maze.


I'm pretty sure that made me roll my eyes...



Last night I got to see Alex in his new pink bow tie (Mint was having a breast cancer awareness 'thing'.)  Later he texted me that he picked up some 'cool presents' there that I'll love - although he wouldn't tell me what they are.


Even though I'd been up since 4:30 yesterday I read last night until 11:00.  I'm currently reading The Price of Silence after I heard an interview with the author on NPR; she's the woman who blogged the article "I am Adam Lanza's mother" after the Newtown shootings.



I thought I might sleep in this morning.  Does 5:00 count?


I haven't taken any sleep aids the past couple of nights because I seem to be needing (!) to take them more often than not, and that was starting to concern me.  


Sure do miss getting enough sleep, though!






No comments:

Post a Comment