Thursday, October 16, 2014

I thought last night's Final Jeopardy (category was Wordplay) was an easy one - it came to me right away -  yet none of them got it!  Always feels good when I beat all three smart contestants on the final question, but it doesn't happen too often.  (James Brown knows how that feels!) 

I had help polishing off the grilled chicken last night; Matt came by unexpectedly (he actually arrived here before Alex) and between the three of us we polished off most of it.  Then they headed out to MINT (where Alex works on Wednesday nights) to celebrate Alex's upcoming 22nd birthday.


Found out that Tracy's husband Ralph shares Alex's birthday, 
though he's "probably" a "few" years older than Alex.  



Here are some blasts from Alex's past:

First Halloween, 12 days old (not looking too impressed)

1st birthday (is that for me?)

2nd birthday (enjoying one of his new books Sam's Sandwich)

3rd birthday (I LOVE THAT FACE!)

4th birthday (showing off his new number)

OF COURSE I have pix in his albums of  ALL of his intervening birthdays; 
they're just not scanned into the computer.

9th birthday:

14th birthday (long hair, black shirt)

 15th (shorter hair, still black shirt)

17th: who knows what hair, but still a black shirt

18th: pointy hair, ubiquitous black shirt

This picture was taken at MINT just the other night.  
Quite the cheesy grin... and another black shirt!


Wishing him happiness and his pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!



I did get a bunch of stuff done yesterday...although there's always <G> plenty more I never seem to get around to.  


So I'm going to get off of the computer and get started on some of it.  Tom called last night and had made it almost to Las Vegas, so he should be home earlier than I expected today.  Looks like I'm running out of time to get things done before his arrival.


This seems to be my mantra these days -



No comments:

Post a Comment