Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Subbing in Diane's class yesterday went well - usually does.  If we could just clone Diane and replace some of the less qualified teachers with 'her' it would solve a lot of the education problems in this country! 


I did get to do lunch recess duty at 1:00, but with the clouds from approaching storm Simon cooling things off it wasn't nearly as bad as my last recess stint a couple of weeks ago.  I also got to do bus duty at the end of the day (lucky me) so I was able to say hi to 'our' bus driver (who was stunned to hear the 'kids' are now 24 and virtually 22.)  Where does the time go?


I decided not to set my alarm for the middle of the night and try to view the eclipse; figured with the cloud cover there wouldn't be much to see, plus Simon's rain was predicted to start any time after midnight.  (That was actually when I finally got to sleep, probably 'thanks' to the chocolate bar Alex brought over after work.  One of his co-workers was selling them for his/her child's fundraiser.)


 It still wasn't raining when I woke up (the first time at 6:00 when DVUSD started calling me to sub today.)  Trish called yesterday afternoon to see if I could sub on the 22nd; I'd be going from room to room for 45 minutes or an hour while various teachers attend a brief meeting. I can, but first I had to add Wednesdays to my available dates; currently I'm only available on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Unfortunately when I went into the system and added Wednesdays I forgot to put in today as unavailable (although I did think to put in the 15th as unavailable.) 


But surprisingly I was able to fall back asleep until my alarm went off at 7:00.



Now it's time to go get dressed and ready to head out for the Foothills meeting.  I'm very excited about the BOOK CHALLENGE reveal today!!!  When I get home I hope to have good news about the voting.



PS It just started raining a few minutes ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment