Saturday, December 5, 2015

Last night I watched a PBS special with Arlo Guthrie in honor of this year's 50th anniversary (!) of Alice's Restaurant and the " massacree".  (For those of you who have been living under a rock, the song is one of Guthrie's most prominent works, based on a true incident from his life that began on Thanksgiving Day 1965.)  He sang many songs, some of which I hadn't heard before, but of course he also regaled the audience with the tale of that Thanksgiving, enjoyable as ever!



It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood - and will be for at least the next week.  THIS is why we put up with our summers!  I've been getting stuff done around the house (carefully.... don't want to aggravate my back!) including getting all the porches swept off.  I still need to trim/water all the plants outside, and of course the list of stuff to do inside is never-ending.



Lest anyone worries that I have been working too hard, 
I also chatted and caught up with Mom, Wanda, Colleen, and Patti.


On today's list was to finish some gifts (didn't happen) and wrap others (hasn't happened yet.)  Tomorrow night is the first candle, and I am not even remotely ready for Chanukah!




No comments:

Post a Comment