Monday, August 29, 2022

 Love starting my day with a soak in the Apple Pool!  

After breakfast I dug a trench in hopes of preventing the road from becoming an aroyo when it pours, 

and hoped that Doug would approve of my efforts.


Turns out he did - and then pointed me toward yet another spot!


But with only one more day left, I'm not sure I'll get that done.



Mark's tee-shirt translates to "It's All Greek to Me" -


and is Karen's tee "caws" for alarm?


Suzanne came over this afternoon, and along with Karen we went up to the Party Pool for an afternoon soak. It was my first time up there this visit - 

and I did struggle some on the trail, so it was definitely a good thing I had my cane with me!


Yesterday's snake was still "resting" on the rock this morning.  (I thought the previous afternoon/evening downpour might have dislodged it, and Terry thought a critter might have eaten it.) 

Once it dries out some Suzanne will probably take it for Gavin.  She stayed for dinner, so there were 8 of us tonight.  Dinner was good, but my birthday cake for dessert was especially appreciated!


Terry put raspberry preserves in between the layers (because I'd mentioned how I'm looking forward to the new raspberry girl scout cookies coming out in '23), and smothered it in her made-from-scratch icing.


Is ANYBODY surprised that I 'managed' to eat two slicess?



After all that chocolate, will I sleep tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment