Sunday, August 14, 2022

 Last night we went to dinner at Panda Express.  It's right next to the movies, which reminded Tom that "we never went to see Where The Crawdads Sing."  I never said a thing.


And not sorry <g> that I went to see it with Tami and Alan when I was in Flagstaff.



Today it's overcast, and only in the 90s - but oh so humid!  (Wish the weather segment on TV would give the humidity numbers so we could see how miserable we are...)  I was certainly glad to quit doing yardwork by 9:00.  The salvia and Wandering Jew plants are now cut back (along with a few other plants) and though I never like the way the look right after they're trimmed they should fill in nicely by the time I return from Colorado.

Alex is going to attend Burning Man later this month; it'll be his first time.

In preparation he has ordered a bunch of stuff  to take with him.  The deliveries have been arriving in batches, and a couple more packages were just delivered.  There's quite a pile for him on the couch awaiting his return from the camping trip, so "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" - though our weather certainly doesn't feel like it!


Tom left early this morning, headed to Tucson to visit Jerry, and I planned to be very productive in his absence. I have been puttering around the house, working to get ready for the trip, including chores like laundry and paying bills, but somehow there's still a healthy ist of things not yet done.


At least the quilt backing is made, ironed, and "packed", ready to drop off at Monica's tomorrow morning on my drive home from the chiropractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment