Sunday, August 21, 2022

I got lucky with Wordle yesterday.  FYI it was only the 4th time I've gotten it on the second line (and have never, like Tim, gotten it on the first try.)

Wordle 427 2/6

⬜🟨🟩🟨⬜

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 


Yesterday was Doug's birthday (too bad he'd had to get up and deal with a power outtage at 3 am) so Kestrel was here to help him celebrate, and Alan (who has recently moved back here from Taiwan.)  He had some great stories about teaching ESL there, and I got to meet his wife Rita, who is an interpreter.  wish I had the photo I took close to 40 years ago, when Kestrel and Alan were kiddos sitting under the water intake of the swimming pool when it had been drained for cleaning day.

  I also got to meet Kestrel's 15-week-old puppy Hazelnut (which, of course, made me miss Brownie.)  She's a sweet cutie, but do have to wonder if she'll she grow into those ears...




The Meet & Greet with Shadow:



I managed a selfie (my second?) and captured a kiss:



Richard and Elinor joined us for dinner, which was another culinary delight, courtesy of Terry's prowess in the kitchen: tuna poke, with a plum torte for dessert.




Today is Richard & Elinor's anniversary.  They'll be up here late morning for a family brunch, when there will be yet another pig-out.


And since Mark flies in this afternoon 
I'm 'guessing' <g> there will be (another) special dinner tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment