Tuesday, August 30, 2022

 On my way up to soak this morning I noticed lots of butterflies busily enjoying their breakfast.


There were (at least) six on this first bush, 
and the next several bushes I passed had even more customers.




Don't tell Brownie -


but I got lots of dog kisses from a chocolate lab named Honey Mama.


She's named after the Honey Mama brand of chocolate bar, 
reportedly beyond delicious.


I "may" have to check it out...



Yesterday's squished snake (with its innerds oozing out in a couple of places) was still where I'd placed it.  Obviously whatever animals might be inclined to eat dead snakes (like that stray ginger cat we've seen around?) don't seem interested in the ones I've set aside.



When I got back to the house Karen had returned from dropping off Mark in Salida.   While in town she'd picked up a birthday gift for me to share with Brownie, a "toy that makes scents for dogs".  This one is beef flavored, and has "slobber wicking".


What really cracked me up was the guarantee on the back 
(and which Karen hadn't noticed until I pointed it out to her!)


No comments:

Post a Comment