Tuesday, August 16, 2022

 I made a quick trip to grocery store Sunday afternoon, and the white puffy clouds were impressive.  (Too bad my photos never do them justice, so I've quit trying.)  Afterward I made a small drop-off at Saver's, and since 35th Ave. was closed at Bell that made getting in/out tricky.  Looked like they were working on the electrical lines, possibly some of the ones damaged by the winds?  A little later the wind really ramped up, and it looked like we might get some rain to go with it - but we didn't.  And while it messed up the pool (again...) at least it didn't tip over the cans out front.



Much of the afternoon was spent on paperwork, mostly reconciling bank statements.  That took considerably longer than it should have, partly because I'd neglected it for quite some time, but mostly because it took a while to figure out my errors, which consisted of adding a couple of (large) outgoing payments intead of subtracting them (!) from my balance. 

I've never done that before, and have to wonder where my head was at when I made those errors.


Tom got back from Tucson Sunday evening with stories to tell, including a (baby) rattlesnake encounter in John's backyard that had the potential to turn out very badly (both of the guys were wearing flip flops) but luckily did not!



Monday morning I left the house at 9 and didn't get home until after 1, but at least I got a fair amount of things accomplished.  After my tune-up at the chiropractor (Jennifer loved the frog quilt top) I headed to Monica's where I auditioned thread colors and chose a quilting pattern.  She should have it ready for me to pick up when I'm near there on my next chiropractor visit in a few weeks, assuming "Life" doesn't get in the way.


  My third stop was to drop off all the paperwork at the eye surgeon. It was tricky to find a way in to the medical complex (even though the address is 6677 Thunderbird, you can't access it from there) but as a bonus I found myself at the Stock Shop, where I (finally!) located bird waterers.   My final stop was at Winco for some of the bulk snacks to take on my trip.  I was not the only one fighting with the plastic bags, which were impossible to open (melted from heat?)



Today has been a full morning of yardwork, with the Organics can full again, as well as more piles of limbs/branches ready to go out for Bulk Trash P/U.  

Haven't actually packed yet, so that's on the agenda for this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment