Monday, August 22, 2022

I started off my Sunday morning with a soak in the Lower Apple.  Since I had it (mostly) to myself I was able to snap photos to my heart's content.  Didn't capture the ray of sunlight shining down, but should have plenty more chances.




Karen did make it up to join me after she finished her exercises.  

And though I brought along mine to do...


 so far haven't even opened the bag - though I am getting a fair amount of exercise just going up/down the two flights of stairs quite frequently.


One of my plans for this week is to work on the path up to the road.  Some of the parts I've rehabbed in previous years have held their ground, but the recent downpours have created a serious rivulet in one section.


Yesterday was Richard & Elinor's anniversary brunch.  Don & Cathy joined us (they brought a delicious fruit salad), Terry made the potatoes, and Richard brought a couple of leek quiches (one with bacon, one without) and his homemade bagels.  Needless to say NOone left the table hungry!


There was the usual birdwatching, and some testing of binoculars.  The three sisters are going to Costa Rica in February for a week of birdwatching, and thus contemplating upgrading their equipment (which is already pretty nice) before then.  Price is one consideration, as well as weight.  


I'm enjoying the different birds here, like Mr. Stellar Jay at the donut feeder.



Have already found a similar feeder on Chewy to add when I place my next order for Brownie's food.  I plan to hang it on the corner eave, and then I'll have a 'bird' view through all five of the front windows.


In the afternoon Michael stopped by (he'd been 'in the neighborhood', helping a friend fix his roof) to pick up the assortment of RockStar drinks, and was beyond pleased with the assortment Alex had chosen for him.  (He started off with new flavor, Mango Lemonade, which was a hit.)  I FaceTimed Alex and handed the phone to Michael so he could thank Alex in person, and Terry and I got a good laugh because both "boys" were stunned by how grown up the other was; we're guessing that the last time they saw each other all those years ago when Alex was around 15 and Michael 18.)


Mark made it from NY to Denver yesterday with no problems, though his connecting flight to Alamosa was delayed because they had to find a crew. 


 It'll be nice to have him here since Karen and Elinor head to Santa Fe today for a week of operas.  Karen will attend all five, and Elinor will make it to as many as her energy levels allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment