Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Elinor has gotten the okay, a month post-surgery, to soak, so tomorrow she is going to come up for that.  I will of course stay at the house with Hilda and Neil while she and Terry spend some sister time together.  Since Richard has a (long-scheduled) cement pour on Friday for the latest house he’s building, Terry will be the one taking Elinor into town on the next day for her port and I’ll again come in handy to adult-sit, though obviously for a much longer period.  Hilda gets a little stressed when Terry is MIA (even just out of sight, like in the kitchen cooking) but she does know me and and is fine each time (like every 5 minutes) that I remind her where Terry is.  Kind of an endless loop.

Winnie and Brownie don’t know it, but they’ll likely get some playtime together in the backyard tomorrow afternoon when her mom, Lisa, and I have planned a socially distanced visit out there. The pooches seemed to recognize  each other from last year when our paths crossed on a walk Saturday night, and should be nice for them to an able to interact while not on a leash.

Karen now has set a date for her return, not this coming weekend but the following one.  Not sure how long she will stay this time - and Mark may be able to arrange things at home and come join her at some point.

I’m sitting here enjoying the herds of hummers out back, and (while not the zillions we had summer before last) the three 2-cup feeders are doing a constant business, with most ports full, and thus need to be filled more than once a day.  I’ve set the red peanut butter lid with sugar water on the patio table, and once this batch of feeders empties I expect the lid to attract business.  Love watching their thread-like tongues, and of course it’s always fun to have them perch on my hand.  In the meantime I’m keeping Brownie company and listening the the chipmunks complaining about “that damn dog” in their backyard.


No comments:

Post a Comment