Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Now I will attempt to catch up on yesterday’s events, and HOPE to be able to actually post again.

Rosie called around lunchtime yesterday to say they were going to drain the swimming pool today (the regular day) after all, so I headed up to the Party Pool with the wire brush (but without Brownie) to scrub the steps of the slippery algae.  (That way any of the copious amounts of algae flowing downstream that enda up in the pool would be removed during cleaning.)  The steps will be nice and clean “if” any of the board members want to soak when they’re here for the meeting this weekend. Obviously the major (only?) topic on their agenda will be when/if to open up again come August, even in a very limited capacity.

I did get a fright while up there when there was a horrendous noise in the trees, sounding like an elephant was stampeding through (as if I would know what that sounds like...? LOL) Over the years there have been the occasional bear wandering here, and of course with no people around for months the bears might feel even more comfortable.  So I was relieved when a couple of does came flying out onto the hill, though have no idea what spooked them.

When I finished the steps I was deciding whether to stay at the party pool (I’d stirred up the water) or relocate down to the Apple pool. That was when I heard the first rumble of thunder (had been able to see it raining over the mountains west of the valley below) so there was no decision to be made and I headed back to the house.  Brownie, of course, was ecstatic upon my return.

Elinor saw her doctors yesterday, and will be getting her port inserted on Friday, though if the date when chemo starts has been decided she didn’t share that in her message. Hope is that chemo will shrink the tumors in her colon and bladder enough that they can be removed without damaging or taking out those organs so she won’t need a colostomy bag or catheter.  Bad news from Petscan results - her heart has also been affected, which officially qualifies her as Stage 4.  Definitely tears here!

After dinner we watched the movie 2017, and Brownie was curled up next to me on the couch.  Shadow got brave around 10:00 (he has been venturing out of the basement at night once he’s pretty sure that Brownie and I have retired for the evening) and HE noticed “that damn dog” as he came past the couch though happily Brownie was blissfully unaware. Shadow did make a beeline under the bed, where he remained though Terry had hoped he would watch the last half hour from the safety of her lap.  Good movie, and amazing how it was shot in the continuous take!

Going to post this without even proofreading it because I just don’t trust things. Apologize in advance for any/all errors!


No comments:

Post a Comment