Wednesday, July 1, 2020



Last night, getting ready for bed, I almost stepped on another scorpion in the bathroom while barefoot.  Good thing I noticed it before I made a middle-of-the-night run in the dark!  I easily slew it by thumping it soundly with a shoe.



Joy came by Monday to drop off a house key; she and her daughter were heading up to Prescott on Tuesday for the rodeo (though the annual parade and dance have been cancelled) and would be gone overnight.  Dick, 93, would be staying home, and she wanted me to have a key "just in case" she couldn't reach him by phone (he has fallen a couple of times) and needed me to go over to check on the situation.  (He'd also forgotten to take out his hearing aids that morning before showering, so they weren't happy, meaning it was also possible he simply wouldn't hear the phone when she called.) True to form, since I had the key I didn't need it since she never called.  She and I, however, enjoy a nice chat on the porch, socially distant, of course.



Yesterday Alex loaded the picture I had FedEx scan onto the thumb drive (since that was another snafu in the process here) and e-mailed it to me, which worked... at least until I tried to save it.  Tried IMAGES and PHOTOS 2020 - both places I save pictures/photos, and <SIGH> encountered yet more problems.  



Tom spent about 15 minutes (basically going through all the same steps I had) without success, so finally I raised the white flag and called Alex.  



He helped me through the window, and MAYBE I will be able to order Lisa's birthday gift before I head to Colorado so it will be waiting for me when I get back.  



Something that should have taken a couple of minutes has now dragged out to weeks because computers insist on being mean to me!



Alex and Gabby got their test results back.  While she tested positive (though the only symptom she seemed to get was a loss of taste) he tested negative.  However it's quite possibly a false negative since they are (closely) together pretty much constantly, and thus we are all going on the assumption that he is simply asymptomatic.



I've had my morning shower, and shortly Brownie and I are off to PetSmart for some dog food to get us through the next 10 days.  Not only will I wear a mask, but also the air scrubber around my neck.  



Yesterday I got an e-mail that my order from Chewy has been delivered to Terry in Colorado, so Brownie should be all set for the rest of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment