Monday, July 13, 2020

I was sorry I didn’t have my camera handy for the hilarious chipmunk chase yesterday.  The little critter did make it safely into a crevice in the rock wall, though chattering loud displeasure.    Brownie spent a lot of time attempting to get at it with a paw, his nose, and even tried digging.  Eventually he planted himself and sat guard for an extended period of time, just like at home after a bunny disappears through the irrigation pipe.

I hadn’t bothered to schlep the CPAP into the motel Friday, and hadn’t gotten around to setting it up here Saturday, but yesterday I took care of that so I could return to using it last night. Unfortunately when I went to bed I couldn’t get it to work, and was too tired to do more than a cursory trouble-shoot.  Didn’t sleep well either night, but this morning I figured out the issue and hope for a better night’s sleep tonight.

Also in the “Tech Annoyance” category, the light in my watch has decided now was a good time to give up the ghost.  Naturally that means when I wake during the night I have no idea what time it is.

On our early morning walk today we came across numerous does, and though Brownie thinks he should be allowed to chase them he does seem to be getting less frantic.  Of course he also tried to go after the bunny we encountered.

Then I finished unpacking (that last bag was mostly cold weather clothes, which I haven’t needed yet) and am pretty well organized at this point.  With Karen and Cheryl gone, and Elinor heading home today (at least for a few days) Terry and I should settle into a ‘regular’ routine.  


Rain started around noon today, cooling things off. Before it got too serious I got the windows closed in the house and elinor’s car while Terry was busy giving Neil his shower. Much of today has involved lots of laundry and bed changes, so of course the dryer acted up.  Luckily it was just that the vent behind it had come unattached, certainly not a major problem though it was a production for Terry to find the foil tape, get the plug out of the wall, squeeze in a constricted space to reattach the hose, and then get the recalcitrant plug back in.   

Michael stopped by unexpectedly.  I gave him the RockStar hoodie, and since he started working on installing the hardware in the van he was able to claim one of the cases of RockStar (his answer to coffee) and the huge banner that Richard had moved there from my truck Friday.  Terry is holding the remaining cases ‘hostage’ <g> until he returns to finish.

Computer is being uncooperative, so no pix today.  





No comments:

Post a Comment