Friday, July 10, 2020


Got on the road around 8 this morning (when the temp was already in the 90s) and easily made it to Cortez, 2/3 of the way, as planned.  Brownie again was a good traveler (I had a much better set-up for him this year) and of course I stopped and walked him a number of times - but we were both happy to be done driving for the day.

Traffic seemed a little bit lighter than in previous years, though there were still idiots weaving in and out, and (in one heart-stopping incident) passing when they definitely should NOT have!

 Listened to my current book, finishing it, and then listened to the radio.  Options were limited much of the drive, and (not wanting to listen to rap or bible-thumpers) at one point I was tuned in to a classical station.  When the William Tell Overture came on, all I could think of was the mom singing her litany of things moms say.  When it ended, the DJ said something to the effect that she guessed that the selection had reminded  most listeners of the Lone Ranger and had them thinking about horses - guess she missed that “classic” video!

Trouble at a gas station when it declined my card (both at the pump and with the cashier) and so I had to use some of my cash.  Later I saw a text from the credit card company, and got that taken care of before we checked in.

Took a few pix today (though despite the electronic warning sign outside Flagstaff I didn't see any elk) and once I get settled and my computer is unpacked I should be able to post.












No comments:

Post a Comment