Tuesday, July 7, 2020

It's been a productive morning.  Tom mowed the backyard, then weed-ate and trimmed out front, while I collected the downed greenery for the can and swept the various porches.  The yard looks neat and tidy, and we're in fine shape for this afternoon's irrigation.



I've got a 12 pound turkey in the oven.  When Alex went shopping for us some time ago he also  picked up a second turkey for himself that has been waiting patiently in his freezer.  He asked if I'd cook it before I left so I had him take it out to thaw in the fridge the end of last week.   We'll split it in half down the center, like last time, so the guys should have plenty of meat for a while.  


Tom isn't planning on having any for dinner tonight since he's trying to "eat light" in preparation for tomorrow's colonoscopy prep.


That could be somewhat difficult to do 
as I expect the house to start smelling yummy before too long!



Made an appointment to have the car checked out tomorrow before I hit the road.  While it still has 3000 miles to go before it's due for another oil change, no doubt it's a good idea to have belts and other assorted "things" looked at.


No comments:

Post a Comment