Thursday, May 12, 2016

Yesterday's funeral was a lovely memorial to my aunt, and I learned many things about her I had not known. (It was also well-attended, which isn't always the case when you outlive so many of your friends.) I appreciated the fact that the rain let up for the service at the cemetery afterward. During the luncheon after that I spent time talking with my uncle, who seems to be holding it together better than many of us had feared.

But all in all it was a sad day for me, and I felt pretty depressed the rest of the afternoon/evening. I did cheer up some when Pippa and her "houseguest" Ozzie (Andy & Sandy are dog-sitting this week) started playing with each other. Ozzie is rather shy, and it was the first time he had actually engaged with Pippa.   


No comments:

Post a Comment