Saturday, May 14, 2016

It was a wonderful family gathering this afternoon, and the nine of us enjoyed telling stories as we feasted yet again. Bert was his usual entertaining self; maybe you heard us laughing? While everyone was together it seemed like a good time to give Andy his birthday present, which he (and everyone else) seemed to like. Once I get home I'll be able to post pix of his new elephant quilt.

The sun, which had appeared briefly this morning, disappeared when yet another storm front rolled in this afternoon.  Not only did the rain pour down, but it got really nippy.  So much for sitting out on the deck. We checked the weather forecast, and not only is tomorrow going to be another chilly day but I'm pretty sure I heard that the low is predicted to get down to about 40.  That's winter weather!

We had originally thought about trying to do crabs for dinner tonight, but after our large lunch no one was really hungry. In fact it wasn't until about 8:30 when I thought it might be nice to have a little something to eat that we decided to nibble on some of the leftovers from lunch.

And tomorrow is another feast, the Sunday brunch at Riderwood, though with a different contingent of family. Since there will be 15 of us Mom has reserved the private dining room.  So far my jeans still seem to fit just fine, though it really does seem that I've done nothing but eat, eat, eat for two weeks.  It's nice being spoiled like this, and I am definitely not looking forward to returning to my own cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment